March 1, 2012

A cool vintage industrail find....and sale items update......92 days and counting

 estate sales....love 'em...a store in a house..great concept huh?! ...I always gravitate towards the bedrooms looking for good dressers, then make a bee line to the basement or storage shed....spied this guy last week....just imagine him painted white with stenciled numbers on each drawer--then used as an end table....or in an entry way with a little basket on top to throw your keys in ...
paint or sand to remove the rust and leave industrial. ..decisions, decisions...I will be working on this piece for my June 1st sale--


Here are a few other items that are taking shape for the sale....

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Items....in process.....



 Items waiting to be or in process of being sanded...



Pieces needing their initial scrubbing.....
A lot of my items come from barn sales so a good cleaning with TSP Trisodium phosphate is where I start...wearing gloves and a mask....These guys are REALLY rough...    
 

Repair area.....
right now veneer repair has been a major project...I will do a post detailing this later this week.....It has been a learning process for me so we will see if my process worked! 


Most of you have a booth or do shows and sales regularly--this will be my first and I am excited, anxious and nervous...remember being a newbie?  That's me right now.....fingers crossed, paint brush in hand and sander plugged in--ready to go!! 



2 comments:

  1. wow, I'm excited for you. You have lots of great pieces to work with.
    92 days till the sale? you'll be ready to go!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there for your sale. But we are going to try to visit sometime this year. Of course you could come to Cali!
    Elmere

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris