July 6, 2014

When a piece does not sell.....

Ironically my last post was about the same piece I will be posting about today....I finished up this beauty to take to Urban Farmgirl's Main Street Market.....While that was a GREAT day for sales.....


 

  
I was surprised she was not one of them.....


I loaded her up and took her to the Spring Market on Moss.......


and once again brought her home...Now the truth is I LOVE this piece....I used her as a buffet in my home for our Easter Sunday brunch this year......The texture of the drawers are something I have not seen before..they look like severe Midwest heat worked it's magic on the drawers....(which could have happened as she was stored in a barn for many, many years....) They have a natural crackle texture.....So now she sits in my home........


Where I think she was meant to be all along......


6 comments:

  1. I would take her home too! Such a great piece. I went to my booth yesterday and brought some things home. Love your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that didn't sell! Must have been meant to be. . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kristen...I was shocked as well--but I love looking at it everyday!!

      Delete
  3. I love it. Did before and do now even better that it is in your home. Yes, I bring home things that haven't sold and I wonder why I even tried to sell them. Some things are meant to be kept. I also like the guitar on the wall. Does it have special significance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-White Lace and Promises--that is my autographed JAMES TAYLOR guitar!!

      Delete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris