August 26, 2011

How to shop at a Pottery Barn Outlet


We all love a deal right?  We all love Pottery Barn right?  Well..... when you combine the two you have found a little slice of HEAVEN!!  I have made several stops at the PB Outlet in San Marcos, Texas--here are some of those finds....
http://midwestcottageandfinds.blogspot.com/2011/04/pottery-barn-outlet.html
http://midwestcottageandfinds.blogspot.com/2010/11/pottery-barn-outlet-visit-and-finds.html

This past week we tried a different PB outlet in Jeffersonville, Ohio.  I get soo excited when I see that sign....and walk in the door...............




My PB Outlet shopping tips:
  • As you walk in the front door check out the "additional off" sales....they usually have a chalk board with those listed...adding an additional 20-50% off the already discounted price--PRICELESS!
  • Arrive EARLY...some items are a little damaged and can be picked up for a little of nothing--but you have to be the first person to see those one of a kinds...
  • Look, look, look....at the bottom of shelves, under other pieces....leave no stone unturned...those one of a kind items usually are sitting alone and have to be sought out....
  • Don't be afraid to ask for an additional amount off the price..I have never been told no when I have asked...
  • TAKE THE TAGS OFF THE LARGE ITEMS.....See the picture below....and look at the small print on the bottom...
  • The larger pieces are still on the floor with a price tag after this tag is removed...Make sure the piece you have decided on has not already been purchased by someone else...I have always taken the ticket to the sale associate, made sure it still was available and then asked the associate to write SOLD on my larger pieces...I learned the hard way.....carried a rug around all day-my first trip-only to find it might have been already sold....insert SAD face...but it ended up coming home with me after all!
  • Talk to the associates--THEY know the days the shipments arrive, what is in the back that will be put out in the next hour or so and if there is another item like the one you have found  on the floor -but want 2 of..plus how lucky are they--greatest job EVER!!
Following these tips can help you score some deals like these.....

$99.00 for this hutch...............




My pillow shams were $19.99 & currently are $35.00 in the store...SCORE!! They do not have EVERY item in the outlets so to find my bedding was an added surprise......


This little cutie--$1.97
Here is what I walked away with for a FRACTION of the price....
See the basket on the left....currently $35.00 on-line and in the stores...picked him up for $19.00!


This was the smallest purchase I have made in a visit...This outlet is not a large as the San Marcos outlet..but there were still some great buys and DEEP discounts......and once again...
POTTERY BARN OUTLET.....
A GOOD FIND!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good tips. We frequent one in Dawsonville, Ga. I have never bought furniture but have gotten some good bargains. Plus Restoration Hardware is next door.

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris