July 27, 2011

Vintage Oars and other finds from vacation......

I went to my favorite antique shop in Minocqua looking for some old, vintage boat oars....I had spied a few a couple weeks ago--but they were $35.00 a piece....not happening.....I ended up with these.....Their color and wear are perfect for what I want them for.....and their price $2.00 a piece!! SCORE!!
 I have 3 Pottery Barn oars that I have displayed on a wall-but I want to keep 2 of them on either side of our television above our fireplace (below).....so I needed the new 2 to replace those on the wall...

 
I also picked up 2 baskets-


And some cool old number stamps....

Now I just need to figure out where those new goodies will go......I think I see a booth in a local antique mall in my  future or an Etsy shop!

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! They will be fun accents around the house. The oars were an amazing price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oars are fun and for a wonderful price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds Chris! I just left a comment over at meridian road about how jamie loves the hunt, but has no place to put it all, so that's why she opened a booth! :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris