March 22, 2011

Master Bedroom Update-Bye-Bye-Bye

It has been a long time getting to this point...but in the words of our favorite boy-band....BYE - BYE - BYE!!


Here is where we were a couple days ago...Everything out of the room...the discoloration  on the carpet is from a rug I had under the bed--stained the carpet in certain areas....not a good idea..must have made sense at the time when i put it there...Don't you love the closet doors...Straight out of the Brady Bunch parent's room.....

















Finally......the carpet rolled up and the padding being removed...there is an IMPORTANT reason I am sharing this picture with you.......notice the dark color at the bottom of the picture..Yes--it is MOLD....I had mold in the entire pattern of where I spot cleaned my carpets every other week with Capture Carpet Cleaner....I even put fans on the spray mist once it was down EVERY time....I need to revisit that process for the rest of my carpet......
Next step...remove the carpet tack strip...BE VERY careful...These little nails are sharp and rusty.....Hubby  used a special tool for this--it did pop right up.....




And now....clean that floor and fill the little concrete holes along the wall .....it is drying as we speak read and write...

I am finally beginning to feel like this might become a reality. 
Keepin' my eye on the prize.....my goal picture is below--and Layla and Kevin's link is there also...check them out if you have not already...

.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you are a better woman than I! I'm not sure I would tackle such a big job. Well done so far. Can't wait to see what's next. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting and it is good you got rid of the mold!

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris