Here is what we are working with….rectangular room-other end opens to kitchen….
1. Paint brick all white.
2. Get rid of gold surround.
3. Move electronics on right-out of sight and hide wires in new mantel.
4. Change green couch to white-going to Pottery Barn Outlet for that project—keep fingers crossed for me!
5. Take down pictures above couch and put up Pottery Barn oars purchased on sale.
6. Take down small shelves on left wall—put up one BIG FIND…might have a little something in mind ;)
7. Any suggestions?
Here are my inspiration photos…
Before and after—from http://www.younghouselove.comSee how having every wall the same color makes this room seem bigger and more cohesive. My gold fire surround must go —and we have SCORED some great wood beams from a late 1800’s barn to use as our new mantel. But first the paint…… Having the brick all one color is a good start….here is one of my other favorite fireplace makeovers…
This is gails from My Repurposed Life –check out her makeover—it is amazing-Love her white brick!http://www.myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com/2010/02/painted-brick-fireplace-makeover.html
Wish me luck!!! See you soon…I will be the one with paint on everything!