May 18, 2011

outdoor space…….

In the Midwest Spring means a lot of things….but to most of us it means the return of our outdoor space…..…take a mini tour of mine….IMG_8089_edited-1











IMG_8092_edited-1 








Love this planter…an auction find…spray painted and placed along my walk to my front door…



IMG_8093_edited-1  
I have collected little garden figures and enjoy putting them out each spring…like old friends coming back for a visit….

IMG_8100_edited-1
Allium Stellatum--Prairie Onion Plant--even cool to use in arrangements once they lose their colorIMG_8102_edited-1
IMG_8104_edited-1
IMG_8105_edited-2
IMG_8123_edited-1 
our old shed…wish it was my project shed…but it belongs to the tractor…..
IMG_8107_edited-1  
This little cherub lost her base over the years…but i adore her face..I have her rigged up to peek from behind the hostas for one more season….
IMG_8108_edited-1
IMG_8109_edited-1
IMG_8110_edited-1 Front row seats…..
IMG_8117_edited-1 LOVE this piece I found at an antique shop…knew it had potential…..
IMG_8118_edited-1 vintage ladder and old pot….who could ask for anything more…..
IMG_8135_edited-1 
This old barrel is PERFECT now with the missing boards and rusty steel piece….
IMG_8140_edited-1
IMG_8160_edited-2  
Always a surprise around the corner in the spring….
IMG_8168_edited-1 
This bird bath ...gets better as she ages....
IMG_8165_edited-1 
Green and white are so bright in the Spring…….Hope you enjoyed my outdoor space….
I am linking up with Kate from Centsational Girl on the 19th for outdoor ideas…check out the link below for the other Home May’d links….gonna go spruce up my summer mantel for the 26th!!
http://theletteredcottage.net/outdoor-spaces
image

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, but WHAT is the purple flower in the 4th and 5th pic? It is bee-yutiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Buddha's Mom
    Allium Stellatum--Prairie Onion Plant--they are sooo cool to take pictures of and use in displays..thanks for the comment!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am going to buy some of that for my small garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden. Like you, I like alliums when in bloom and when dry and placed in arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I hope that my garden will look like yours one day :). We just planted ours in March, but I noticed that we have a lot of the same plants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, what a GREAT space you have! thanks for the tour!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris