October 7, 2010

Dresser Makeover-Twice

The past couple days I have rushed home from work to jump into my latest project--a dresser makeover.  I have wanted to do this for awhile now-but have been stalling because I really LOVED the wood grain in the drawers of this dresser.   As I cleaned out the drawers (the worst part of this project) I thought about the look I was going for....

Love the outlined drawers on this one & the black trim that shows from sanding.....

And the same on this one--the sanded drawers on the edge are to die for--Cindy at Cottage Instincts has GREAT instructions on how she achieved the look on her blog--check it out...http://cottageinstincts.blogspot.com
I knew I had one criteria--WHITE
I have been painting most of my furniture white and this needed to follow suit. Once I get home tonight I will post my pictures of the FIRST attempt......and then the pictures of what it currently looks like--that's right-I undid everything I worked so hard on last night. I love working on wood as each project is a new lesson! More to come........but until then here are a few more of my favorites!

Yep--I'm still lovin white!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris