August 25, 2013

The waxing stage....


As I was painting the finals areas on the the cupboard I decided I would use dark antiquing wax....it really adds depth to red and gives it a finished look... Here are two pictures that I tried to get at the correct light setting so you could see the difference in a waxed area and an area that has yet to be waxed....


The upper area has been waxed on this side--you can see the darker tint--but my love for this antiquing wax is not just a darker tint  -- the wax gives a finished, polished look....


The door on the left has been waxed....The wax deepens the red, but also adds such a finished glaze to the door....Remember when using wax don't over do it....start with a small amount on your brush -- you can always add more........pleased I went with the dark antiquing wax....and i love the hardware on the doors....reminds me of the front door of the house i grew up in....Up next---the final photos of the finished piece...I will get better light on those pics so you can see the depth in this piece..it was just such a bright sunny Midwest day!! 

1 comment:

  1. it's looking great Chris! :) Love the color.

    I had two doors exactly like that and always wondered what they went to....maybe their origination was a little different, but it's good to see what they COULD have gone to. :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris