December 2, 2010

Christmas Mantels

It's the most wonderful time of the year...........


I always bring out every piece of my decor from their containers and lay them out to start the process. Every year is a bit different..This mantel is very simple and clean...needed for my small family room.







Thought the mantel needed a little boost-so I added a sewing box drawer I had painted and sanded a few months back and started playing with it......here is what I came up with.....
 The poinsettias are from the dollar store-and the burlap bag was something the United Way gave me in Ambassador training!  I knew once I saw the burlap it would be reinvented.... I still need to add a ribbon to it and fluff and play with it a bit...My stools are dollar finds from auctions painted and stenciled...The trick there--go to the tools part of an auction--i always seem to find cool boxes and stools that the men are not interested in!
The little mittens were on a package a few years back and I keep reinventing them each year.....Enjoy....I am linking up to Layla's Mantel Party http://theletteredcottage.net/holiday-home-linky-party-our-christmas-mantel
Take a peek at all the mantels there......

2 comments:

  1. I really like the drawer with the berries!! Such an original and fun display. Thanks so much for linking up at the Christmas SFS! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very simple & very nicely done. Even though it's simple - it is still very warm & inviting.

    I like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete

..thanks for taking the time to comment.....I appreciate your feedback....
chris